This document describes the process Service Portfolio Management
A service portfolio describes the IT organisation’s IT services in the form of the value they provide to the business. The value is described in market terms so that it can be compared with other suppliers in the market. Describing the IT organisation’s operation in this way means that, among other things, the service portfolio provides answers to the following strategic questions:
- Why does the business need our services?
- Why should the business purchase them from us?
- What is the financing model like?
- What are our strengths, weaknesses, priorities and risks?
- How should we distribute our resources?