The aim of supplier management is to create an integrated delivery of IT services to the business, and to provide a channel for cooperation between the IT organization and suppliers.
Activities to achieve the purpose of managing suppliers are:
- Negotiate and sign contracts with suppliers
- Manage contracts with suppliers
- Ensure that the value of the service is higher than the cost
- Ensure that contracts with suppliers match the services delivered to the business
- Manage the relationship with suppliers
- Create and manage a policy for suppliers